Masterhead

Thank you for visiting mill-valley.gate2bay.com. Fill in the form below:

Name/Corp.:

E-mail:

Subject:

Message:

Mill Valley: Malfunctioning wire causes fire, power outage

Published Friday March 10

12 residents were without power in a Mill Valley neighborhood Fri morning, a day after a power line malfunction set a pole on fire in the area.

Smoke from the fire, in the four hundred block of Ethel Avenue, was spotted around four in the afternoon by Mill Valley firefighters.

The fire burned the pole and a garbage can before it was extinguished, stated Mill Valley fire Battalion Chief Scott Barnes.

Nearly 4,000 customers were initially without power, with 75 without power Thu night.

Pacific Gas and Electric Co. crews worked overnight to make repairs to the transformer. Power was fully restored Fri morning, commented Deanna Contreras, a PG&E spokeswoman.

Article length: About 110 words.
Tags: Mill Valley
Read more at Marinij

google-468x60a

Share This Post

DeliciousDiggGoogleStumbleuponRedditTechnoratiYahooBloggerMyspaceRSS

selfad-writeart-b